Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Love of Fabric and DIY

One of my many passions is fabric and sewing. I have loved it since I was a child. 
My Boba still has items that I made when I was 5. I was taught at a very young age how 
to mend, thread a needle and sew on a button, These where very important skills to know, being raised in the country and on a budget I now realize. 
I can remember being in awe as I watched Boba sewing on her old Singer upstairs in our spare room.
She often took in extra mending from people in the community as an additional source of income. 
She was incredible with the things she could make it was like magic watching her create things from pieces of 
fabric. I loved the sound of the click click click as she sewed away, always taking the time to talk to me and show me what she was doing. 
I have learned many lessons from her and take pride in my skills that I was taught by my dear Boba. I knew that it was possible to make things out of almost nothing, Whether it be a dress or curtains to refinishing a couch with a little imagination and some trial and error DIY is an easy, affordable and rewarding way of doing things . Thank you for your gifts of wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment